Electing Women Bay Area & Electing Women Alliance Seek Finance Manager
Electing Women Bay Area (EWBA) and the national Electing Women Alliance (EWA) seek a Finance Manager to support fundraising efforts for Democratic women candidates running for federal and gubernatorial office. This role is ideal for political junkies pursuing a career in political fundraising who also have a passion for electing more women to office. Women have made some electoral gains in recent years, but the US still lags far behind other countries in the number of women in office. EWBA and EWA are supporting the growth of vibrant communities of donors who are committed to electing more women. While the position can be largely remote, the candidate must reside in the San Francisco Bay Area. The position is full-time with responsibilities split between EWBA and EWA.
About Electing Women Bay Area:
Electing Women Bay Area is a political giving group that hosts fundraising events for women candidates in San Francisco, Silicon Valley, the East Bay, and in Wine Country. A membership-based organization, EWBA supports candidates running for Senate, Governor, and President while also creating intention and community around political giving. We focus heavily on relationship-building, both within our own community as well as with candidates. Our goal is to continue to grow member participation in our four regions, which will both expand the community of women engaged with our work and ultimately increase fundraising for our candidates.
EWBA responsibilities for this position include:
- Working directly with the Executive Director and Political Director to strategize candidate visits and events;
- Recruiting new members of EWBA and building membership in each region through outreach and one-on-one follow-up;
- Ensuring success of individual events through fundraising solicitations to hit goals;
- Managing communications with Steering Committee and members;
- Managing the EWBA web site and social media;
- Following the political landscape and serving as liaison with campaigns and candidate finance teams to schedule events;
- Tracking donations; and
- Overseeing details of events, including invitations, location, and logistics.
About Electing Women Alliance:
The Electing Women Alliance is a national network with giving groups in 16 cities. Collectively the groups have raised over $20 million since EWA was formed in the 2016 election cycle. The groups come together for election briefings, convenings, monthly featured speakers, and other activities. Candidate events with EWA giving groups have become an integral part of any candidate’s fundraising strategy, particularly in the early days of a campaign. After three cycles in operation, EWA is scaling its national operations to add additional groups and provide more consistent and streamlined support to existing groups.
EWA responsibilities for this position include:
- Supporting EWA leadership in launching new groups in various cities around the country;
- Serving as the liaison between EWA and group leaders to distribute content, coordinate group events, and generally offer support;
- Tracking fundraising totals from individual groups;
- Communicating with campaigns and finance teams in connection with national events;
- Managing EWA web site and social media; and
- Taking the lead role in the planning and execution of EWA convenings in Washington, DC.
Candidates for the Finance Manager position will ideally possess the following qualifications:
- Two to three years of experience in political and/or non-profit fundraising, including direct solicitation and event management;
- Passion for working with mission-based organizations and, specifically, for electing women;
- Outstanding stewardship and relationship management skills;
- Curiosity and general knowledge of political landscape and elections;
- Track record of being a proactive self-starter with great attention to detail;
- Excellent writing and communications skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Google Suite platforms;
- Ability to work quickly in a collaborative environment;
- Willingness to travel locally and nationally; and
- Flexibility to work remotely as well as in Palo Alto and in San Francisco.
This is a full-time position. Pay is between $60,000 and $72,000 commensurate with experience. EWA and EWBA are committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national original, gender, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, or veteran’s status.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Stacy Mason at email@example.com with the subject line “Finance Manager Position.” Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.